Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my apple earpod's stopping my music from playing?

Well I barely started using thses since a month ago with my new iphone 5 and they work great recently about two weeks ago I plugged some cheap speakers in my iphone to play a song for a powerpoint presentation at work, and ever since it was working fine until a week ago when it would randomly stop my music from playing and I would have to press play for it to work again.I guess that if I moved the earphone plug a little it would stop the music from playing, I plugged it in my macbook and the same thing would happen but only on itunes, on youtube and pandora it didn't stop and worked fine. So what's the problem here? I never lay on my earpods and I take very great care of it I'm thinking about buying a new pair but it costs too much for me so I have no idea what to do 😕 I don't think it's the lint in the pocket clogging up the earphones hole cause I clean it out everyweek, but if anyone has any idea or knows whats wrong, thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3, Earpods

Posted on May 28, 2013 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 9:52 AM

I just bought the new Earpod's two days ago and I am having the exact same problems. I have never had this happen before, but very randomly and sometimes frequently they will turn off the music. To make it stranger, sometimes, simply pressing the middle button on my earpods will not make it play again. And on top of that, sometimes (when its really bad) the volume will not show at all even when pressing the volume up and down buttons on the earpod or on my iphone. I will include some other details here:

- only with Pandora, I haven't tried it with any other form of music.

- I have not tried the earpods with any other device.

- I have tried to "jiggle" the connection point, where the earpods and iphone meet and that had no effect on anything.

- I am using it with only my iphone

- I am currently running on the newest iOS 6.1.3 (10B329) and it says "software is up to date."

- model MD277LL/A

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2013 9:52 AM in response to staticlove909

I just bought the new Earpod's two days ago and I am having the exact same problems. I have never had this happen before, but very randomly and sometimes frequently they will turn off the music. To make it stranger, sometimes, simply pressing the middle button on my earpods will not make it play again. And on top of that, sometimes (when its really bad) the volume will not show at all even when pressing the volume up and down buttons on the earpod or on my iphone. I will include some other details here:

- only with Pandora, I haven't tried it with any other form of music.

- I have not tried the earpods with any other device.

- I have tried to "jiggle" the connection point, where the earpods and iphone meet and that had no effect on anything.

- I am using it with only my iphone

- I am currently running on the newest iOS 6.1.3 (10B329) and it says "software is up to date."

- model MD277LL/A

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Why are my apple earpod's stopping my music from playing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.