11 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2013 12:14 PM by John basso 2
John basso 2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello There;

Following instructions from PT Lens to install its Aperture Plug-ins software.For perspective control.The required pathway does not seem to work ,as one has to click the Icon Go in the Toolbar twice to find this pathway./lLibrary/applicationsupport/aperture/plug-ins However it saes ; Library can't be found.Does someone has the answer to this? Thank You .John Basso.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iPhone 4.
  • léonie Level 9 Level 9 (63,920 points)

Where do you see "Library not found"? In a crash log? Then it may  not refer to the plug-in, but to a dynamic library in your system library or to the Aperture library.

Can you post the exact error message or the first 60 lines of the crash log, please, if it is a crash?

What is your Aperture version and your PT Lens version?

Léonie

Screen Shot 2013-05-29 at 06.38.26MESZ.PNG

/Library/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit   or Export, or both, should work for PT Lens.

And it is o.k. to go there from the Go > Go to Folder  Finder menu.

• John basso 2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

he "PTLens Readme.rtf":

PTLens.ApertureEdit. Aperture plug-in compatible with Aperture 2.1 or later. (64-bit enabled, Aperture 3 and later)

Drag to

/Users/<YourLogin>/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/PTLens.ApertureEdit

If you are installing under OS-X 10.7 (Lion) special instructions apply.

The plug-in goes in the same place but Apple has made the Library directory invisible.

To navigate to the Library directory open Finder, press the Option key and while it is pressed

choose Go in Finder's menu. The Library entry will appear immediately following your Home

directory in the drop-down list.

So don't look in "App Support/Apple", look in "Application Support/Aperture".  If the "Plug-Ins"-folder not yet does exist, because so far you have not installed any plug-ins, just create it. You may be prompted to enter your Administrator-password.

Regards

Léonie

Hello There

As you see I followed your instructions which I have tried before the same you posted;

However holding option key and than GO in finders menu ../lLibrary/applicationsupport/aperture/plug-ins.

In small letters on the grey part of the window saes: The folder can not be found.:John Basso

I installed PT Lens exactly where the ReadMe says,  and it will work there, either in

~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/PTLens.ApertureEdit

or

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/PTLens.ApertureEdit

The second location refers to the system library. If you install it there, you can use the Plug-in from all user accounts.

You open these folder by selecting the Finder's "Go" menu, then pasting the path into the "Go to Folder" text field.

But I suspect you installed the Plug-in correctly, but the error message may refer to a different problem - tthe plug-in is found, but it cannot find other dynamic libraries. Again my question:

Where do you see "Library not found"? In a crash log? Then it may  not refer to the plug-in, but to a dynamic library in your system library or to the Aperture library.

Can you post the exact error message or the first 60 lines of the crash log, please, if it is a crash?

Also  I run Aperture 3.4.4       OS x 10.8.3  And I have been partly succes ful installing PT Lens Version 1.1.4

I forgot to mention I didn't have a crash so no log, It simply stated Folder can not be found.

I see:

../lLibrary/applicationsupport/aperture/plug-ins.

The prefix ".." is wrong, when using the "Go" menu.

Then simply enter

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Edit/

without the "..".

There is a "space" in Application Support and the capitals are important.

Hello Again.

I have to go to bed now,It is !:05 AM here in Toronto. Will further discussions tomorrow Good Night;John Basso

Godd night! The fun of time zones. In Hamburg it is early morning now!

Hallo There ( Grüss Gott )

I will now try your latest suggestion.Ok I have typed in the exact title you forwarded to me. Eureka !!,Now the following shows:Library>Application Support > Plug-Ins>Edit,Export,PT Lens> Pt LensMac-dmg and PTLensMac.dmg >> The Hard Drive PTLens photo appears in its window.I click on the Mac.dmg to open

And of cours The PT Lens Window appears.

Previously before this discussion I had downloaded my PT Lens from epaperpress.com.Read all off the instructions and of course couldn't it wouldn't accept ( The faulty spelling in the Apple URL.

The latest PT Lens downloaded to my computer.But somehowe with my previous DL5 camera the Pincushion and the Fisheye worked and the OK window was good to go and the OK button was not greyed out.when I edited a sample from my new camera Leica D-LUX 6 (a great camera , so was the previous model) the GO or OK window was greyed out in the Barrel distortion , However when I switched to the Fisheye setting ,The OK button turned black and was good to go.So that is where I stand now.I only could have come this far with you're excellent help and knowledge in Computer matters.If you might have an answer about this grey matter,I would greatly accept this.  Greetings:John Basso.

Hi There

This Helped.Thanks: John Basso.