Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found rust on macbook pro component, can this be removed?

Hi, this is my first time having to post here - thanks in advance for any help.

I have noticed a small amount of rust inside my computer directly on top of the component as picturedUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

I purchased the macbook pro 13" refurbished at the end of 2010. This is the first time I've ever unscrewed and opened the back - It has had one harddrive repair during the first year owning it, otherwise, never a problem.

I'm not sure what this means for my computer - whether or not it's repairable or on an inevitable way out... so I'm turning to you all. What can be done?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 28, 2013 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2013 9:46 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Make a backup of your files to prevent issues in the future. If your computer is working correctly, you shouldn't be worried about that. If it fails, take your MacBook Pro to an Apple Store or reseller.

The logic board will be replaced, so this will be an expensive repair. That's the reason why I said that only take it if it isn't working properly

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2013 9:46 PM in response to Eusa

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Make a backup of your files to prevent issues in the future. If your computer is working correctly, you shouldn't be worried about that. If it fails, take your MacBook Pro to an Apple Store or reseller.

The logic board will be replaced, so this will be an expensive repair. That's the reason why I said that only take it if it isn't working properly

Found rust on macbook pro component, can this be removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.