Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano bluetooth won't connect to or find devices

Hi,

I have a new ipod nano that I can't connect to anything. When searching for BT devices it doesn't ever find anything. I used my tablet to pair the device so I could at least see the tablet in the BT list, but I'm not able to connect to it. I always get the 'Connection Failed, Make sure XXXXX is turned on and in range".

Doesn't matter what I do, I can't get anything to link to it.

What am I missing, besides the apple claim "it just works".

Cheers!

iPod nano

Posted on May 28, 2013 10:42 PM

6 replies

May 29, 2013 12:04 PM in response to deggie

Yes, or the other way around so I can stream music from my surface to the nano. My understanding is that the surface is A2DP compliant. At this point, the Nano won't even connect to the surface even though it's been paired. Nor does it find any BT devices, including the surface when searching for them.

I appreciate the help with this, thanks.

Aug 9, 2015 6:07 PM in response to Nemesiss

Do you have another device that it is already linked to? I originally paired my Nano to my speakers but when I tried to link them
again, the Nano could not find the device any longer. I chose to forget the device and start all over again but then it could not find the device at all. I realized that the speakers are also paired to my iPad which I turn off but I rarely power it down completely. With iPad completely off, I tried pairing the Nano and the speakers. Voila, it worked! Again, if it's also linked to another device, turn it off and try pairing them.

Nano bluetooth won't connect to or find devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.