Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes demanding that I re-authorize older laptop

Yesterday I noticed that iTunes is suddenly demanding that I register my 1+ year-old laptop as a NEW machine in order to play both TV shows that I've purchased (from iTunes; some as recently as yesterday!) and some older music, as well. It's a pretty random-seeming selection of songs that are now unavailable to me, but ALL TV shows, as far as I can tell. Naturally, I'm resistant to the notion of registering this laptop (for a second time, since I've had it for over a year now) since that would add to my Apple-imposed max' quota of 5. QUESTIONS: (1) Has anyone else experienced this before...? (2) Does anyone know a way around it...?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 29, 2013 5:40 AM

1 reply

May 31, 2013 9:15 AM in response to colleyb

Hello there, ColleyB.

No need to worry about the request to re-authorize. Here's some great information:

iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

But most importantly:

Under some circumstances you may be required to enter your Apple ID information again, but this should not use up multiple authorizations. If you think that you may have used up multiple authorizations on just one computer, see One computer using multiple iTunes Store authorizations.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

iTunes demanding that I re-authorize older laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.