4 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 8:48 PM by I windows
I windows Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Okay so I am using the iPhone five on AT&T, When I am in a LTE area, sometimes it will drop the LTE and default to 4G, Meanwhile my second phone I carry which is an android phone that is LTE will not drop the signal ever. To get the iPhone to switch back to LTE I have to toggle airplane mode on and off then it will work fine. If I do nothing and leave the particular area to go to a much stronger LTE signal area It can take quite a while before it will switch to LTE in the strong signal area. I've done several restores, installed minimal apps, so I don't know if it's a software issue or not. My android phone has no issues with switching from LTE to 4G, it's flawless, so the iPhone has me concerned, should I exchange it for a new one or is this normal for the iPhone, I really hate to give up my iPhone for a refurbished one at the Apple Store.

Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPad MacBooks iPhones
  • I windows Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Wow the forums have changed here since my first iPhone (iPhone 1). There were way less people with iPhones but yet topics got way more views and responses.

• FelipeV Level 5 Level 5 (5,885 points)

Maybe because nobody has a solution/answer to your problem/question.

• deggie Level 9 Level 9 (50,025 points)

You can try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I would also try replacing the nanoSIM on it.

If neither works you may have a faulty antenna and you would need to use your warranty to replace the phone.

• I windows Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Thanks for the response,I have tried the network reset. I guess I could try a new sim,though I just got the phone and sim about 3 months ago. It just seems like the phone has weak lte antenna compared to the other phone I have.