Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about shared events

Hello,

I'm starting to use shared facilities.

I have already shares events between my devices, it works great 🙂 but I have some doubts/questions:

1. are the shared events "connected" to the real one. ie: if I add more pictures to a event (that I have already shared) will they be automatically shared?
  2. is there a way to identify if an event is shared? I found that share an event twice it duplicates in the shared folder. I'm using a note in the keynote field to identify

Thanks in advance!

Rui Rego

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 29, 2013 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2013 6:41 AM

Not at all sure what you mean by 'shared events" - that concept does not exist in iPhoto

You can share a library - if you do then any changes made to the library by any party are changes to the library and therefore are seen by all

If you send photos (from an event, album, etc) to another person via the "share" menu they receive a copy of what you send - there is no connection to the original so changes you make are that they make are stricly local to the user who makes the changes

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2013 6:41 AM in response to ruirego

Not at all sure what you mean by 'shared events" - that concept does not exist in iPhoto

You can share a library - if you do then any changes made to the library by any party are changes to the library and therefore are seen by all

If you send photos (from an event, album, etc) to another person via the "share" menu they receive a copy of what you send - there is no connection to the original so changes you make are that they make are stricly local to the user who makes the changes

LN

May 29, 2013 9:14 AM in response to LarryHN

first thanks for the help,

I have only one library with all pictures, who can I share it? and isn't there a limit of pictures? if so I can't shared.

When I said shared event, it exactly what you mentioned, I have just send the event via share option. but I found two problems: 1 the is a limit of 1000 photos for event; 2 there is a limit of 100 events

so I just don't know how can I share my intire collection?

Flickr??

thanks,

Rui Rego

Question about shared events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.