Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install iOS 6.1.3 update on iPad 4. Keeps giving me "an error occurred installing iOS 6.1.3" message and iPad keeps randomly turning on and off.

I have also tried resetting the iPad (the reset where it doens't delete any of your media or data) and I have tried downloading the iOS update from iTunes instead of wirelessly from the Settings ap on my iPad. I don't know what else to try except for a complete reset which will erase all my content and settings. Is there anything else I haven't tried? Or do I just need to take this thing in for some expert service?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 29, 2013 9:19 AM

1 reply

May 31, 2013 7:45 AM in response to mom_5_01

Hello mom_5_01,

The following article should be quite beneficial in your endeavor to update your iPad.

iPad: Unable to update or restore

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4097

You may encounter the following symptoms while updating or restoring your iPad:

• iPad continually restarts but never displays the Home screen.
  • An update or restore did not complete and the iPad is no longer recognized in iTunes.
  • iPad stops responding, showing the Apple logo with no progress bar or a stopped progress bar, for over ten minutes.

If this occurs, you can place iPad into recovery mode and attempt to restore again. If iTunes displayed an alert with an error code, see this article before attempting the steps outlined here.

Cheers,

Allen

Unable to install iOS 6.1.3 update on iPad 4. Keeps giving me "an error occurred installing iOS 6.1.3" message and iPad keeps randomly turning on and off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.