Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Apple TVs and one lags the other doesn't

I have more than one Apple TV in the house. The content is ripped or exists in iTunes in a format acceptable to Apple TV (either .m4v or .mp4). If I stream from my iMac to one Apple TV it works with minor lags. If I try streaming to the other Apple TV, it takes literally forever to get video to play.

Any ideas on why this is or what I can do to fix this?

Running the latest OSX on the iMac, latest iOS on my devices and latest Apple TV updates all done...

Thanks

Posted on May 29, 2013 8:51 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2013 1:10 PM in response to sjgreenberg

Hi sj:

I don't have a guaranteed answer but since no on else has tried...:

Does this happen with iTunes PURCHASES. (If you don't own any, fork up a couple bucks for a TV show, then see how it does)

Is one considerably further than another? (that could account for a BIT of difference) - but I wouldn't expect anything significant.

Have you tried making sure the "fast" atv is in sleep mode before testing the slow one? (methinks this a practice anyway, unless you have need to run both simultaneously)

Tried the STANDARD quickfixes?:

UNPLUG your atv AND it's HDMI cable wait a minute replug...

Restart

a wacky but quicky thing to a try:

Rename your atv that's slow (just in case iTs/Airplay confused about the 2)

More time consuming:

Reset your troublesome ATV

Have you tried the vids with ATV connected via ethernet?

2 Apple TVs and one lags the other doesn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.