Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-connect to my referenced master Files after moving them out of the Aperture Library?

Please can someone help!

Stupidly I moved the master images out of their folders in the Aperture Library and now Aperture is showing the previews but shows a yellow warning triangle in the corner. If I try to 'Locate References Files' it says it doesn't have any!

I know I can import the Masters again but then any editing etc will be lost.

Thanks

Matt

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 29, 2013 10:42 AM

1 reply

May 29, 2013 12:09 PM in response to studiocrew

Matt,

have you tried to put the "Masters" folder back, exactly where you removed them from?

If you cannot undo the move, reimport the masters.

You can use the "Lift&Stamp" tool to lift all tags and adjustments from the edited versions and to stamp them onto the reimported versions. It might help to do this in "photos" view and to sort the images by capture date. This way the old versions and the reimported originals will be shown side by side.

But if you have a very large library and a current backup, it might be much less trouble to restore your library from the most recent backup.

Regards

Léonie

How do I re-connect to my referenced master Files after moving them out of the Aperture Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.