Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does time stamp metadata transfer when you sync images?

I took a whole bunch of photos with my Canon XSi and the time and date show up correctly in Aperture. I have certain images set to sync automatically with my iPhone through iTunes. The images also synced to my phone's Photos app without complaint. I then added certain images to a third party app called Day One, which is supposed to be able to use the images time and date metadata (at least it does this when I shoot an image with my built-in iPhone camera and import it into the app.

My question is why is the time and date (actually, just the time of day) wrong when I use images shot with my digital rebel imported onto my phone from my computer? Isn't the metadata transferable? I thought it was "attached" to the image so to speak.

While this might not be the place to ask this question, I'm seeking answers from all relevant sources. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on here?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 29, 2013 6:39 PM

1 reply

May 30, 2013 10:28 AM in response to macorin

This is a little hard to follow (I find). When does the time _not_ appear the way you expect it? Can you reproduce this reliably?

DayOne asks me, when I use the iPhone app and press the camera icon to create a new entry and then use a picture already in my iPhone "Update the time to the time of photo?" (or something like that). Otherwise it uses the current time.

Does time stamp metadata transfer when you sync images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.