Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal chronically add 2 hour alarms to ALL events

iCal won't sync through iCloud. In addition, it routinely adds the 2 hour alarm to ALL events which is pretty aggravating. Every few weeks I go through ALL EVENTS and delete the 2 hour alarm, only to find them re-added a few weeks later.

This 2-hour alarm problem has been going on for at least 6 months so I am getting ready to switch to Google Calendar. Can anyone tell me how well it works?

Posted on May 29, 2013 5:42 PM

5 replies

May 29, 2013 5:59 PM in response to Gnarlodious

Gnarlodious,

On your computer open Calendar>Preferences...>Alerts, and verify your desired settings.

iOS devices have a default alert in Settings>Mail, Contacts,Calendars>Calendars>"Default Alert Times."

Additionally, there is an alarm preference in iCloud.com>Calendar App>Preferences...>General.

I can't comment on Google Calendar because I have not used it.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

User uploaded file

May 29, 2013 6:23 PM in response to Ferd II

That's not what I mean. For NEW events I want the 2 hour default alarm. But for EXISTING events I want the custom alarm. My problem is that iCal adds the default alarm to existing events (or possibly to repeat events).

Please don't tell me this is the intended behavior, because it means iCal can't remember what kind of alarm you set to a repeating event.

iCal chronically add 2 hour alarms to ALL events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.