Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv won't connect to network

For no apparent reason, my apple tv will no longer connect to the network. It worked fine for FIVE years, then suddenly stopped working. I took it to the apple store, the fellow tested it, all was well, he restored it to factory settings and downloaded the latest update, i came home, plugged it in -- and it wouldn't connect to the network. It finds the network, It shows that there's a full strength wi-fi signal, but it won't show a DNS or ROUTER....

Figuring that maybe my apple tv had finaly expired, I bought a new one today. Plugged it in, all was well for about an hour -- then when we turned the apple tv back on, same thing. "Not connected to network". I restarted it, still nothing. Changed the name of my Apple extreme, figuring maybe that was the problem (I did replace my airport extreme last week, but everything worked well on apple tv, until two days ago...) Checked to make sure my airport extreme was running the latest software update -- still the same problem. Unplugged the Apple tv and plugged it back in, same problem. Re started apple extreme ... same problem.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions? thank you!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 29, 2013 8:57 PM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2016 11:43 AM in response to moviewitz

same here, like this for a couple of weeks. I have restarted and reset several times. It won't allow me restore. I have rebooted my router too. No problems with any other devices connected to my wifi!

just another increasingly useless Apple device - "it just works" really???

recently bought an iPhone 6s, spent hours with a clueless genius and then a day and a half with senior tech staff by phone trying to restore from both iCloud and hard drive backups without success...

expensive junk

Apr 24, 2016 3:58 AM in response to nerysfromcardiff

I find that the fault lies in the cable from the Apple TV to the power socket

Try moving and straightening this cable

when your apple tv reconnects with wifi try not to move this cable

In my personal experience with Apple products their cables are very inferior

I've had to replace iPad and iPhone recharging cables

Come on Apple do something about this

Good luck!

apple tv won't connect to network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.