Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get my HP Photosmart Premium to work on Mac OS 10.8

Bought my new Macbook Pro w/retina display and I cannot get my "air" enabled printer to talk to my computer via my wireless network. It worked fine on my old Macbook, but this is frustrating the heck out of me. I've downloaded the update from apple, I've removed the HP software from my computer and re-loaded it. I've tried starting the process with the USB cord connected, but once I remove the cord (after being instructed to in the setup) the printer disappears and I can't get it to work. Stinks because I have my iPad and iPhone connected to it, or at least had them connected, now I can't print from them either. HELP!!!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 30, 2013 12:59 AM

11 replies

Jul 30, 2013 3:03 PM in response to amaze1967

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I had trouble installing on 10.8.

I then found this particular support page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4142&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&s w_lang=&product=4231205#N228

Be patient with the download, it takes some time ... When it has downloaded, follow the install instructions. It works well.

I use the printer through usb but my wife uses wireless from her PC laptop.

Andre Francis

Dec 21, 2014 9:49 AM in response to amaze1967

The link that is include is a bad link or doesn't work anymore. This is a very frustrating problem. I am continually told that "the printer is not connected" when it is very clearly STILL connected to the network. Generally I'm still able to print by plugging in the USB (VERY ANNOYING) but now, even while connected to the USB the dialog box is stating "The printer is not connected".

Can't get my HP Photosmart Premium to work on Mac OS 10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.