Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover data from an accidentally deleted app in iPhone

Hello,

Recently, I accidentally deleted an application (called "iTalk") from my iPhone. It is easy to re-download it. However, I have some recordings in it which are lost. Could you please let me know if there are any softwares to recover data from iPhone.

I spoke with 2 data recovery companies about this. One said they have had some success in the past in such cases. The other said the chances of recovering app data is less. I need to visit them and find out. I really hope this is possible.

Thanks,

Sai

😟😟

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 29, 2013 11:04 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2013 12:38 AM in response to paulcb

The problem is that I don't have a backup of my iPhone..

Actually, the app got deleted more than a week back.

Data retrieval companies charge a lot for the services. I am trying to see if it possible to do it on my own.

My friend suggested me to create a sector-by-sector copy of the iPhone and then try recovering it from that disk image. Could you please let me know how to do this.

I tried using iExplorer software to mount iPhone as a disk

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

and then use Carbon copy Cloner to create a "sector-by-sector" image of my iPhone

http://www.bombich.com/ccc_features.html

However, when I mounted my iPhone as disk, I am not sure if it includes all files ie. esp. the "deleted ones".

If it includes them, then I can create a clone.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Sai

May 31, 2013 6:35 AM in response to praneeth34

The problem is that I don't have a backup of my iPhone.

Well then you're out of luck.

Actually, the app got deleted more than a week back.

If you've you've used the phone much since then, your data is likely gone.

You chose to not backup and now you have to live with the consequences of that. A significant number of problems on this forum could be avoided if people would just backup their phone.

Recover data from an accidentally deleted app in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.