Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using Nook App iPad says network connection lost but I can access the internet

I have been at both of my jobs all evening/night (2 different Wi-Fi networks) and I have tried to download books I purchased from Barnes & Noble to my Nook app on my iPad 2. The books appear in my library, however, I still need to download them. This is normal.

BUT, when I try to download the book it immediately states "ERROR Network Connection Lost". I am connected to the Internet, I can access websites, use Netflix, NBC Sports and what not.

I have noticed that apps have been crashing, especially Nook and Facebook.

I have tried the following: restarting the iPad, turning Wi-Fi on and off, renewing the lease, forgetting the network and even resetting the network settings and I still can not download my books. Is there something else I can do? My iPad is only a couple months old.

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 30, 2013 1:51 AM

1 reply

May 30, 2013 6:38 AM in response to Joanna Jones

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

When using Nook App iPad says network connection lost but I can access the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.