Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sell MacBook Pro parts

I've recently found out that I've totaled my MacBook and the cost of replacing the broken part would be half the amount of a new computer, so after some hard thinking I have decided to set aside the poor old mac and sell it off for parts. Does anyone know of some good sites I could use?

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 30, 2013 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2017 8:41 AM

They give you nothing for your computer, you are better of selling the parts yourself on eBay.

They offered me 120US for my whole computer. I can sell just the screen for 250USD+ on eBay.. and that's only the screen. I can sell the keyboard, the case, the battery, and on and on.. This website scams people who don't know the value of the parts of their broken mac!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2017 8:41 AM in response to jon3138

They give you nothing for your computer, you are better of selling the parts yourself on eBay.

They offered me 120US for my whole computer. I can sell just the screen for 250USD+ on eBay.. and that's only the screen. I can sell the keyboard, the case, the battery, and on and on.. This website scams people who don't know the value of the parts of their broken mac!

Dec 6, 2017 8:49 AM in response to Jayden Mayer

If you have the time to wait on your parts to get a new home, I highly recommend you to use eBay.

You will get the most value for your damaged computer. It will probably take you longer, but.. If you are not rushing to get the money... `why would you sell you mac for NOTHING. (That's is what most websites will offer you .. NOTHING for your parts, so that they can sell them for 3 to 5 times over what they paid you ).

Sell MacBook Pro parts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.