Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 stuck with brightness at lowest setting on startup, cannot change this.

Hi, so, I was streaming a movie to my Xbox a while ago, and while I do this i usually keep my MBP open and turn the brightness off, and keep it plugged in so it doesn't enter sleep mode. This time I forgot to plug the charger in, so when the movie ended and I tried to get back on my computer, I couldn't turn the brightness up or get out of sleep mode, so I did a hard restart to see if it would fix the problem. Well now, whenever I log on to Windows now, after the "Starting Windows" screen, the screen immediately turns black and I cant change the brightness. I've tried disabling the login screen to see if that would help me but it didn't, and this is really starting to get on my nerves now. A friend of mine installed bootcamp and Windows almost 2 years ago, and I hope there is a way I can fix this without reinstalling Bootcamp. Works in safe mode of course, if anyone has any idea on what to do to fix this, I would seriously appreciate it.

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on May 30, 2013 1:44 AM

There are no replies.

Windows 7 stuck with brightness at lowest setting on startup, cannot change this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.