Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redownloading Troubles...

I redownloaded a few songs on iTunes, but the songs couldn't complete the download due to internet connection. I am trying to delete these files so I can redownload them fully but I can't...Any ideas how to solve this?? 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 30, 2013 3:03 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2013 10:35 AM in response to LivvyS

Hi there LivvyS!

It sounds like you may have some downloads that were interrupted while downloading. No worries, we have an article that can help you get those downloads started up again. It can be found right here:

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1725

If you were downloading from your computer, you will want to follow these steps:

Resuming downloads from a computer

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  3. Enter your account name and password.
  4. Click the "Check Downloads" button.
  5. Click the Resume or Resume All button, or the resume arrow User uploaded fileto resume the download.User uploaded file

If you believe that the item downloaded completely but it is not appearing in the Purchased playlist, click Library on the left side of iTunes to see if the item appears there.

But if you were using your iOS device, you will want to follow these steps:

Resuming downloads from an iOS device

1. From the Home screen, tap the iTunes icon.
  2. For iPhone/iPod touch, tap More > Downloads. For iPad, tapDownloads.
  3. Enter your account name and password.
  4. Click the "OK" button.
  5. Click the Resume, Resume All, or User uploaded filebutton to start the download.User uploaded file

If you cannot complete the download on your device, you can finish the download in iTunes on your computer and then sync it to your device. For instructions, see the following articles:

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Nov 4, 2013 1:47 PM in response to LivvyS

Dear Braden

Thanks for providing the answer to this person's question above. This answer is however completely in sufficient.

Reading the community forum it appears that this problem has existed for years with out being properly addressed.

The downloading of apps and content may be one question where the resume download button works but what about the resuming of software updates to itunes and iPhones etc?

I am constantly struggling with this error. I do not have fixed line broadband. I am in a rural location and only have 3G broadband. It works perfectly fine but when a download drops out (often right at the very end) it will mean I am wasting many gig's of data for an item which I can't retrieve unless I redownload using this expensive 3G connection with limit download capcity.

For example my plan allows me 4.5 GB per month. I attempted to download iOS 7.0.3 update twice yesterday and I wasted almost 2GB trying to get a 1.19 GB update. I have given up because I only have 2GB for browsing left for the month and I CANNOT RESUME DOWNLOAD of this item.

Redownloading Troubles...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.