Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased OS X Lion back in 07/22/11 for my MacBook Pro (Mid 2009)

Hi guys,

I'm new to the community as I never had any problems!

My HD crashed and I just got a new installed. I reinstalled Mac OS X from the original DVD and also did all software updates. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Back in July 2011 I was able to purchase and install OS X Lion, but now the upgrade page says I need OS X 10.6.6.

If I was able to upgrade in the past I'm assuming I should be able to upgrade again?

I'm not sure it helps but the image below is part of the list of purchases from iTunes and contains the date and order number.

User uploaded file

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 30, 2013 7:00 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2013 12:49 PM in response to DanieDias

Hello there, DanielDias.

Do you have a Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) install disk? You would have had to have that version of the operating system installed on the Mac to have had the App Store to have purchased the Lion download. For reference, see requirements:

About the Mac App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4481

With that exact OS installed, you should be able to download and install Lion from the App Store by following these instructions:

How to install Lion or Mountain Lion on multiple computers

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4854

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

Jun 1, 2013 1:10 PM in response to DanieDias

As pointd out by Pedro the only way to buy lion was to have snow leopard 10.6.6 or above installed on your mac. To have snow leopard of any point release installed on your mac you must of had and hopefully still have a retail snow leopard upgrade dvd.

You must find that dvd and upgrade to snow leopard or buy another one from apple. Once you have snow leopard 10.6.3 installed on your mac from the upgrade dvd you then update that to 10.6.8. Once that is done then you can use the mac app store, log in using the same apple id you used when you bought lion and it will be in your purchases area of the mac app store.

Purchased OS X Lion back in 07/22/11 for my MacBook Pro (Mid 2009)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.