Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Mid2012 - flickering on images with color gradient

Hello!

I've found one problem in my Macbook Pro Mid2012.

Display is flickering (horisontal light lines), when I open this image and this.

Problem is actual when option "Automatic graphics switching" is active in Apple -> System Settings -> Energy Savings.

When I switch off this option, problem go away.

Authorized service center told that could not simulate the problem on their system (they connected external HDD with MacOS X instead HDD of my MacBook on testing time). They don't know, what is the reason of my problem. They don't want look to my example images because there is only 2 pictures. And they can't do anything 😟

Does anybody have same problem?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 30, 2013 11:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2014 5:13 PM in response to DanielKor

I have the exact same problem on my Macbook Pro (mid 2012). (You can see another example here: https://twitter.com/43145234kj3 )

I think the culprit is the onboard graphics card (Intel) because the flickering dramatically reduces when switching to the Nvidia graphics card. I had it checked at the Apple Store and they couldn't figure out the problem even after a logic board swap and escalating the repair (internal tech support from Apple headquarters). Finally, they basically told me "We'll see if any solutions come up."

Almost 2 years later (plus an OS X upgrade) and the problem persists. I'll be visiting them soon and encouraging them to give me a real solution.

MacBook Pro Mid2012 - flickering on images with color gradient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.