Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad app updates not syncing after downloading from iTunes

OK so I've been having this issue for a while now.

Say I have a Dropbox app update on the iPad (the iPad App Store icon has a notification, click through and Dropbox needs updating)

I then open my Apple laptop, iTunes, check all apps for updates and ye Dropbox pops up. I then update all apps on the laptop.

When I connect the iPad to the laptop it syncs all music, apps, etc. But then the iPad still shows that Dropbox needs updating even though I've done the update via iTunes.

Yes I am syncing apps via iTunes

Posted on May 30, 2013 10:16 AM

2 replies

May 30, 2013 10:20 AM in response to T.Edwards

After some more research I've learnt that the iPad is finding the MOST recent version.

In this case the iPad shows I need to download 2.2.2, but on iTunes its showing there is NO app updates availible and that Dropbox 2.2.1 is up to date!

So the iPad seems to be finding the updates and iTunes can't see that 2.2.2 is ready for update.

If I update on the iPad then when I sync to iTunes 2.2.2 will move to iTunes and 2.2.1 will be binned.

Why isnt iTunes finding that 2.2.2 is ready??!

Jul 19, 2013 4:30 PM in response to T.Edwards

I had the same problem. I don't know why iTunes is not keeping track of the new version but instead is still looking at the version that is now in the Trash. I was able to manually fix the problem however.

In iTunes, right-click on the App that is not updating and choose 'Get Info'.

If the location is shown as '.../.trash' then empty your Trash.

Right-click on the app in iTunes again and this time it will say it can't find the item and there is a 'Locate' button to click.

Navigate to your 'iTunes/Mobile Applications' folder and select the new version of the App.

When you've done this for all the Apps that won't update (I had 14), you can re-synch your iPad.

iPad app updates not syncing after downloading from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.