Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resolution problem in screen records editing

Hello,

I wanted to share my problem to get help.

So that's the problem :

When I record my screen in QuickTime Player i record full screen, When I'm done I'm saving the record, watching it and I see all of the screen.

When I do import into iMovie I can see only the center of the record and if I edit and whatever - I still see only the center and I can't see other things - all of the record like the dock and status bar only the center of the screen - like I didn't record in full screen mode..

Thank you very much, Best Regards

Nadav.

-------

USING IMOVIE 2012 - MAC OSX 10.8 - Mac Mini 2012

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2.5Ghz , Intel i5, 4GB Ram, No mods

Posted on May 30, 2013 10:45 AM

5 replies

May 31, 2013 2:04 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

So how can I record my screen in a good

Resolution

and I'm asking that because, a few weeks ago I was at the retail shop of apple in my living area and I did that in a few iMac's and Mac Mini and it works, the Resolution was great even in iMovie, I made some changes to the record using iMovie, Saved, Imported and it was great.

So how can I do it in my mac mini.. ?

Also I did the same thing in every click and click - 100% Same.

Also, the retail store in my country is not offical - that's not an Apple Offical Store.. So they are not really "good" in technical things..

Jun 1, 2013 1:58 AM in response to iNadav

you have two options:

• record in a video-native res, means: the recording area should be 1920x1080 or 1280x720. exactly.

• use a designated screen-rec-app, e.g. widely recommended ScreenFlow, which is not restricted by 'video' limitations plus allows after-recording effects such as resizing of cursor, lossless zoom-in (=technically, not the pixels of the screen is recorded but the 'advices' to create content). ScreenFlow is a full-flavored editor.

Resolution problem in screen records editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.