Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Shortcut Syncing with iOS and OSX

There's plenty of info about syncing keyboard shorcuts across ios devices, but isn't there a way to sync the text shorctus set up under "Language and Text" in OSX Settings with the keyboard shortcuts in iOS? I'm still having to set up the same shortcuts in 2 places when the infrusture to support syncing is already in place.

2.8 Ghz 8 core Mac Pro from a Quicksilver Dual G4/1Ghz!, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 30, 2013 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2013 12:30 PM

Adam F wrote:

isn't there a way to sync the text shorctus set up under "Language and Text" in OSX Settings with the keyboard shortcuts in iOS?

No. Even in OS X, the Language and Text shortcuts don't apply to Pages, which has its own.

A good thing to ask Apple to add:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

5 replies

Aug 10, 2016 9:08 AM in response to Vincent Keunen

I just bought a new MacBook Pro and was expecting (hoping?) all of my Text Shortcuts would sync back across. They had previously synced to my old MacBook Pro from my iPhone, and have tried signing out/into iCloud in OS X, but still nothing days (a couple weeks actually) later. What's weird is that I can add a new text replacement shortcut in OS X and it DOES show up on my iPhone.

2015 rMBP running 10.11.6

iPhone 6S running iOS 10b5

It would be great if existing entries on my iPhone would just sync back to OS X. The Text Replacement feature is a HUGE time saver.

Keyboard Shortcut Syncing with iOS and OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.