Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air or Macbook Pro

Im torn between the Macbook Pro and the Air. I am currently using a 2009 Macbook pro 13 inch. And i am looking to get a newer MacBook 2011 or newer. I like faster computers. I have heard the Macbook air is fast because of the SSD. But I read that the Air doesn't last as long as the pro. I plan on getting another 13 inch macbook. I start High school this year and need a good computer for it. I like the Air because it is smaller and easier to carry around. But i love My Pro for all the memory. And i also have heard the macbook air screen resolution is better. Should I get the Pro or should I get an Air.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 30, 2013 1:51 PM

5 replies

May 31, 2013 3:08 PM in response to epic105

epic105 wrote:

I have heard the Macbook air is fast because of the SSD. But I read that the Air doesn't last as long as the pro.

The SSD makes a big difference in bootup, program launching, and data loading. Because an SSD is essentially RAM, in low memory situations when the computer needs to use virtual memory a computer with an SSD doesn't get bogged down the way a computer with a mechanical drive does. This means my MBA with 4GB of RAM is almost like having a MacBookPro with 8GB of RAM. I'll never buy a computer without an SSD again.

As to not lasting as long as the Pro - are you asking about how sturdy the computer is or about its lack of expanability?

Macbook Air or Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.