Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased TV shows do not show up in iTunes

I have purchased 3 seasons of the series Portlandia and they show up fine on my iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. However they don't show up in the iTunes program on my PC. When I click on the TV shows catagory under Library, it says TV Shows you add to iTunes appear in your TV shows library. However, it is blank. Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 30, 2013 1:00 PM

13 replies

Jul 13, 2013 8:01 AM in response to norm123

Hi Norm,

I tried what you suggested above, but it doesn't work.

I bought a season on iTunes through my iPad and downloaded everything to my iPad.

I then opened iTunes v. 11.0.4.4 on my Windows 7 PC and went to

first: Store -> Purchased

then: Tv-programmes

the show was not visible in either location.

I verified under Edit->Preferences->Store that "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" was ticked.

I am connected to the internet.

Thanks,

Best,

Timo

Nov 3, 2014 4:28 AM in response to Kurtosis12

Everyone should be caling Apple to complain about the terrible design of the iTunes 12 application. Maybe if Robbins gets enough calls he will take notice for once in Apples life and do something for us.

Regarding your problem if you go to the itunes store and look over to the right side you will see [purchases] click on that one and itunes will take you to a new screen and it will have all your purchased music, Movies, TV Shows and Apps. Kind of an *** backwards way to do it but hey it APPLE and they do whatever they think is right and the **** with the loyal clients

Feb 14, 2016 11:15 AM in response to Kurtosis12

I have just run into this same problem (although on OSX, but I think the application logic is the same).

I bought a Family Guy season, and I wanted to start watching immediately. But nothing showed up.

What I found was that iTunes started downloading ALL MY PURCHASES instead of downloading the last purchase only.

If you click on the down arrow in the upper right corner, it shows you what is downloading (but I am not sure if this is in the same place in every layout, and this is one of the reasons why I hate iTunes so much. Unintuitive as ****.).

So, the downloads were there, and they could have downloaded in a couple of hours, once all my purchases not on disk are downloaded first.

I selected all downloads, then right-click, pause. Then select the items from the last purchase, right-click, resume.

I hope this helps a couple of people.

Seriously Apple, I was very close to asking for a refund and buying it elsewhere.

May 11, 2016 4:39 PM in response to norm123

The people with still unsolved problems, are suffering the follwing problem as am I;

I know about this because i also have an online store which has categories and a graphic interface very much like iTunes store. My store allows one item/movie/product to be added to multiple categories, but Apple's iTunes store doesnt have that feature yet (rather stone age in fact) - this is also why you may see a cartoon in your apple tv under 'science fiction' and not under 'animation' (or vice versa), because Apple either cannot, or do not add lets say a 'horror sci-fi animation comedy' to 'scifi movies', Horoor movies' 'animation movies' AND 'comedy movies' Because it seems they can only give each movie one catefgory, but cannot add a product to multiple categories (derrrrrrrrr.. i find that totally backward, my store with ecwid.com does allow me to add one product to 100 categories if i want, and im just a single entrepreneur.. not a billionaire service like Apple)

To demonstrate the problem i shall use a particular TV series i bought, which has been 'recategorised' after i bought it

'Becoming Human' by PBS Nova documentary channel

Nova has volume sets. E.G. Nova volume 1, 5, 11

PBS Nova's 'Becoming Human' is a 3 part series, but is not categorised as a series volume set - note the search box brings no resul on my library, but you can see the episodes appear under Nova Series 11 somehow as 'No season' - Apple keep refiling their movies and other media changing which category name or name of series it is called, which then causes it to disappear from your purchased list.. new kids at Apple may be great and qualified developers.. but they are not old enough to think of all the possible bugs they cause when they shuffle categories around.. not like me who is a 50 year old webmaster who has been around since before the internet even was online to the public domain.. been there, seen it, got the tshirt

User uploaded file

Now see the iTunes store search result for becoming human pbs Nova

User uploaded file

Presto!! it exists - but why doesnt it appear in my library as such?

Apple have put the Nova Compendium Volume sets under Series, and forgotten to Add Becoming Human under the 'Series' category

see below screenshots, first one being a screenshot of a search on my Mac in iTunes Library, for 'becoming Human' which i have also clicked on 'PBS Nova series 11' to show the three episodes of Becoming Human are actually on my mac in iTunes, but do not appear under the search term, and can be seen to be categorised as 'No Series'

In the above case, i do have the files, but in many other cases (about half the series' i own).. i can only see them on Apple TV but not find them at all in iTunes on my Mac. Must have dozens of full series i own completely disappeared

Movie Bundles present a similar issue too, when they change a Bundle's parameters or add the latest movie to the Bundle.. its all a mess really on the iTunes store as far as categories and Bundles and how they affect previous purchases, and how they are filed with people's accounts

I now personally solved this matter by changing the info metadata using right click and 'get info'

changed to 'Becoming Human' as it was titled as 'NOVA' which was why it wasnt showing up under its true name.. whoever uploaded it and added the metadata to iTunes store is an Imbecile

first image shows how it was filed in Apple store and second image below shows how i edited it. the 'series' field was not editable, all grayed out and locked.. only title was editable (luckily, if not i wouldn't have been able to fix it.. and that caused a bug trying to redownload from itunes because it just made the download button keep flashing and revert to 'download' from 'downloading' - in addition, clicking on 'download' multiple times, caused iTunes to download it multiple times, but the series itself in iTunes did not display it as 'downloaded' rather, invited me to download it again.. and again.. and again.. and again... and again...)

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Purchased TV shows do not show up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.