Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 3 has no sound. Help please!

My iPad 3 has no sound. I've reset, switched rotation to mute, restored factory settings, double clicked home key slid right etc but it hasn't worked :(

iPad

Posted on May 30, 2013 2:50 PM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2013 5:57 PM in response to Trim14

Check your settings. The iPads have a small switch on the right edge. It can be used as a rotation lock to keep the screen from automatically reorienting itself as you move around, but you need to have the tablet’s settings configured properly. That same switch, right above the volume buttons, can also be set to function instead as a mute button to silence certain types of audio.

If the switch is set to work as a mute button, you can change its purpose to “screen-rotation lock” by tapping the Settings icon on the home screen. On the Settings screen, tap General on the left side, and on the right side of the screen flick down to “Use Side Switch to.” Tap to select Lock Rotation or Mute to set the button’s function. Even if you set the side switch for your preferred use, you can still mute the Mini or lock the screen. Just double-click the Home button, and when the panel of apps appears along the bottom edge of the screen, flick the row from left to right with your finger. Tap the icon on the far left side of the row to either lock the iPad’s screen or mute the iPad’s alerts, notifications and sound effects. Music, podcasts and video are not muted unless you turn the volume all the way down.

http://www.atreks.com/app-no-sound-on-ipad-4-%E2%80%93-what-to-do/

 Cheers, Tom

My iPad 3 has no sound. Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.