Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Login into Messages or Facetime, second user on 10.8.3

Hi Everyone,

A few months back I created a new user on my Macbook Air. I've transferred over many documents and applications, and now use this second user as my default account.

I cannot login into Facetime or Messages with my AppleID. I recieve the error: "The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later."

I switch profiles back to the older account, and have no problems signing into Messages and Facetime.

In attempted to debug I've gone into Users & Groups under System preferences, set the Apple ID for my new user as my Apple ID and removed the Apple ID association with the older user profile.

I'm very lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Frank

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 30, 2013 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2013 8:30 PM

First, check the status of the relevant service on this page:

System Status

If the service is down, wait tor it to come back up. There may be a localized outage, even if the status indicator is green.

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ About This Mac

Below the "OS X" legend in the window that opens, the OS version appears. Click the version line twice to display the serial number. If the number is missing or obviously invalid, take the machine to an Apple Store or other authorized service center to have the problem corrected.

Otherwise, back up all data.

Take the steps suggested in this support article:

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: "There was an error processing registration" when signing in

There are five steps in that article. Please take all of them. If you don't understand some of the steps or can't carry them out, ask for guidance.

After completing those steps, if you still get the error, try resetting theNVRAM.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2013 8:30 PM in response to Frankserravalli

First, check the status of the relevant service on this page:

System Status

If the service is down, wait tor it to come back up. There may be a localized outage, even if the status indicator is green.

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ About This Mac

Below the "OS X" legend in the window that opens, the OS version appears. Click the version line twice to display the serial number. If the number is missing or obviously invalid, take the machine to an Apple Store or other authorized service center to have the problem corrected.

Otherwise, back up all data.

Take the steps suggested in this support article:

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: "There was an error processing registration" when signing in

There are five steps in that article. Please take all of them. If you don't understand some of the steps or can't carry them out, ask for guidance.

After completing those steps, if you still get the error, try resetting theNVRAM.

Unable to Login into Messages or Facetime, second user on 10.8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.