Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 15" MacBook Pro, Win7 64 in Bootcamp 5. Touchpad is too sensitive when typing.

Just got a new Mac Book Pro 15" with Retina Display. Installed Boot Camp 5, Windows 7 64 bit. Everything has worked fine, but noticed while typing that the cursor "jumps around" randomlIy. In researching this issue, I saw where in Version 3 of Boot Camp there was a checkoff box in Boot Camp setup for "Palm o Gestures" so that, while typing, the touchpad would not react (to my palm resting on the trackpad). How to fix?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7, 64 bit, Boot Camp 5.0

Posted on May 30, 2013 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2013 12:10 AM

Hey... False, BootCamp 3 hadn't any ability to filetr accidental input. I know this for sure, as I've been fighting like a crazy with awful BootCamp drivers back in 2010 🙂 In documentation such checkbox was mentioned, but that was like a bad joke from Apple. Try the Trackpad++, it has this option. Works perfectly for me, for years already.

K.R.,

Fred

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2013 12:10 AM in response to rpinky

Hey... False, BootCamp 3 hadn't any ability to filetr accidental input. I know this for sure, as I've been fighting like a crazy with awful BootCamp drivers back in 2010 🙂 In documentation such checkbox was mentioned, but that was like a bad joke from Apple. Try the Trackpad++, it has this option. Works perfectly for me, for years already.

K.R.,

Fred

2013 15" MacBook Pro, Win7 64 in Bootcamp 5. Touchpad is too sensitive when typing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.