Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I merge my two Apple ID's?

I recently activated an iCloud account after upgrading to an iphone5. ICloud requires an Apple ID in the form of an email address. My Apple ID was not an email address. Let's say it was "JohnDoe". So I logged onto my "JohnDoe" Apple account and tried to change the ID to my one and only email address, "johndoe@xyz.com". Well it seems that a number of years back I had already set up an Apple ID with that email address. No problem, I used the "johndoe@xyz.com" apple ID to set up my iCloud account. Here's the problem. I had tons of songs, books, apps, etc. saved in a wish list on my old "JohnDoe" apple ID. I have a credit on it from itunes gift cards. Plus, a few of my apple products are registered to that ID. (My iphone5 is now registered to the "johndoe@xyz.com" Apple ID.) I want to have one Apple ID (johdoe@xyz.com) with my wish list, all my products and everything linked to it. Can I merge the two?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 31, 2013 12:48 AM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2013 1:15 AM in response to AnaMusic

Given the way Apple insists on working with setting up new devices (i.e. the set-up processes have been encouraging duplicated Apple IDs) it is entirely reasonable to request the ability to merge Apple IDs for those of us who have supported the company for years and have bought a lot of devices, accessories, software, music, books etc from Apple Inc

When do you think this reasonable request will be fulfilled?

Oct 4, 2013 7:32 AM in response to stephencotterell

stephencotterell wrote:

Given the way Apple insists on working with setting up new devices (i.e. the set-up processes have been encouraging duplicated Apple IDs) it is entirely reasonable to request the ability to merge Apple IDs for those of us who have supported the company for years and have bought a lot of devices, accessories, software, music, books etc from Apple Inc

When do you think this reasonable request will be fulfilled?

We are just fellow users here and as such have no idea if, much less when, Apple will ever allow merging of Apple IDs. You can comment to Apple on the issue via their feedback pages, if you wish:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

but I'm quite sure Apple is aware of the interest in such a feature.

Regards.

How can I merge my two Apple ID's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.