Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Probable playlist bug

I have exported a playlist using iTunes 11.0.3. When I import the playlist all songs are imported except those where the filename contains the % character.

I believe this was working OK in older versions of iTunes.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour, as it's probably a bug?

Posted on May 31, 2013 5:01 AM

11 replies

Sep 1, 2017 6:31 AM in response to mville

Change Prog=True into Prog=False in what is currently line 76. This will stop the script trying to make the progress bar. It ought to look more like this, or at least it would on Windows 7:

User uploaded file

You probably have UAC active which prevents the script from working with IE properly, though to be honest I am somewhat surprised it pops up at all in that case. It should show with all toolbars disabled when it is working as intended.

tt2

Sep 1, 2017 7:36 AM in response to turingtest2

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, UAC is not active, user is administrator.

If I disable the Progress Bar (Prog=False), then the script runs and playlist entries containing %, are imported . I assume then, that ImportM3U.vbs hasn't been tested in Windows 10?

FYI, if I enable the Progress Bar (Prog=True), manually disable IE11 add-ons and hide the IE11 status bar, I get a slightly different error:

User uploaded file

and progress bar (in IE11) is:

User uploaded file

Sep 1, 2017 8:06 AM in response to mville

Unless you have large playlists to import you probably don't need the progress bar. I have had it working in Windows 10 but I don't use 10 on a daily basis so I forgot what the trick was. The key registry setting is one called EnableLUA which used to get toggled as part of UAC. Use the EnableLUA script to turn it on or off. Despite what the prompts will tell you there is no need to reboot the computer when disabling or enabling the setting, at least as far as its impact on letting the script communicate with Internet Explorer to make the progress bar.

tt2

Probable playlist bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.