Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 camera doesn't focus while recording video

Hi guys,

I just bought an iPhone 5 and have been testing the camera when I faced the problem.

Before tapping the red dot to start recording video, the camera focuses if I move it around. But after starting the recording tha camera won't focus anymore.

For example if I start recording a close object then move the camera further from it, it doesn't changes the focus automatically, the video is blurred. I have to tap the screen to make it focus again.

It's really annoying, my 4S didn't have a problem like this, it automatically adjusted the focus during video recording.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 31, 2013 10:05 AM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2013 1:53 PM in response to KissZst

Hi KissZst,

According to this article, you have to stop recording to readjust focus in video mode:

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

Video: Adjust focus before you begin recording. After recording begins, you cannot readjust focus until you stop recording. Exiting the Camera application while recording will stop recording and will save the video to the Camera Roll.

- Judy

iPhone 5 camera doesn't focus while recording video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.