Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Candy Crush after Restore

Today I got a new replacement iPhone5 from the Apple store cos liquid got spilled on my old phone. After a successful restore, I noticed that the Candy crush app was missing. My phone was successfully backed up a couple of days ago and when I restored it today, nothing else seems to be missing except this game. I am at Level 85 on Candy crush so you can imagine how much I've spent to get to this level. I am not willing to lose all that money for nothing. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get it back?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 31, 2013 12:02 PM

14 replies

Dec 27, 2013 10:39 AM in response to Ggross7

That worked beautifully! These new iphone/ipad devices are having some issues with moving data. I just spent an hour on the phoe with Apple.

In order to transfer apps from iPad gen 1 to iPad Air (5) I must use an old computer (which is where the data is stored) and move apps/music/photos from one device, old ipad to another new ipad and then drag and drop the apps into the new iPad. There must be an easier way.

Since you fixed the above problem here, do you have any suggestions to help me move all my content from one old Microsoft Computer running Windows 7 and from the old Ipad Gen 1 to a new Windows 8 Computer with the new Ipad Air. Sounds confusing, no? Sorry.

Don't they (apple) ever think people will upgrade equipment every so often? One device = one computer. That must change. They fear everyone wants to steal stuff. Ugh.

Meanwhile thanks for the help with Candy Crush. Worked like a charm.

M.

Dec 30, 2013 9:08 PM in response to malsdq

I'm glad it helped.

Moving content around devices has always been challenging when using iTunes under Windows (any version).

I had many failed attempts until i decided to give up control and allow iTunes to manage all my content. Once i did that, It was pretty simple to back up an old device (like your iPad gen 1) and restore to a new device (like your iPad Air).

Before the BACKUP, be sure to "Transfer Purchases" so your Windows system is fully loaded with the old content. With this approach, when you restore to the new device it will load apps and content from iTunes instead of requiring re-download. This was also successful in restoring progress on apps, like Candy Crush, that required more work when i did the iCloud backup/restore.

I have switched to iCloud backup/restore, which requires re-download of all apps, and works a little bit differently, if i'm not mistaken. It's been a year so, i apologize if this informaiton isn't correct.

For the record, i use my work computer for iTunes. My company backs up our computers automatically and limits storage capacity. The default directory used by iTunes was one of the directories backed up and my content was beyond the allowable storage, so i had to switch to a custom directory, which is why I didn't allow iTunes to manage my content. It worked, but periodically iTunes major release updates would "reset' the default directory back to the Apple default, and my content wouldn't get moved and it was a hassle for me to straighten it out. iCloud solved these issues.

Lost Candy Crush after Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.