Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotspot login cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred

When I trying to connect WiFi, there pop up a message "hotspot login cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred" then Wifi disconnected.

What I did before occur this is

I connected to a public wifi for installing a software

but I need to leave a few mins later.

So I close the wifi, the application installing is continuing loading. Then I pull long time on the icon and delete it.

Then after I back to my apartment, connect to the apartment wifi then occur this problem.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on May 31, 2013 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 1:40 AM

After trying everything in this thread, I still had the same problem with a hotel WiFi. What finally worked was clicking the blue i next to the WiFi network I wanted and turning off the auto-login

8 replies

Jun 3, 2013 7:21 AM in response to HarryZhou

Hello, HarryZhou.

Thank you for the question. To resolve this issue, see the steps below. This can happen as some public Wi-Fi hotspots require authentication to connect to their network via Safari. Also, if the Wi-Fi login page is still active but the session was terminated by putting the device in sleep mode.

Removing or clearing stored Safari content

• To clear your history from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History
  • To clear all cookies from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data
  • iOS 5 or later: To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data

Once this is processed, connect to your home network and attempt to connect again.

Cheers,

Jason H.

Jul 16, 2015 11:13 AM in response to HarryZhou

I found this while looking for a solution, the solution by jason269 did not work for me. After some trial and error, what did work for me was loosening up the cookie policies. I had set my safari cookie policies to "Allow from Current Website Only". Once I changed that to "Allow from Websites I Visit", everything worked.

I'm at a Hilton Hotel in London which is where I had the problem.

To access the cookie settings you go to Settings > Safari > Block Cookies

hotspot login cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.