Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes keeps asking for password

Itunes Purchase Error keeps asking for password when its correct

If your getting this over and over and your entering the right password

its ok its apple not you.

when apple ask you to agree with the new service agreement its suppose to pop up

and ask to re confirm your Credit card expiring date and the numbers on the back

but it does not pop up and untill you go to your profile and update the info it will keep asking

for the password even if its correct.

Mac mini (Late 2012), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 31, 2013 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 8:06 AM

Yeah, it exhausts me!😢

Apple Engineers should get OJT at Amazon!

34 replies

Jun 20, 2013 12:20 PM in response to srnuirgneu

I never before had trouble with iTunes. Except with this single issue with I fixed using the solution I posted earlier.

Other users reported the problem got fixed for them when they install the latest iTunes update.

For you to still have this problem is very rare, and your solution is not really a solution but a escape route.

And I don't believe your post a legitimate post for several reasons:

1) this is the only post linked to your profile

2) the name on your profile is typical of someone who just wants to feed the trolls

3) you never posted anything to show you were having this problem and you required assistance.

4) are you expecting Amazon to write your name in their "Wall of Fame" because of your post?

So don't expect anyone with brains in this forum to buy your story. Nice try, but it was a "TOTAL FAILURE".

One more thing: Don't waste a legitimate support forum with useless posts like that. To feed your trolls somewhere else.

Jun 20, 2013 3:54 PM in response to johnfromplantation

Wow, you really must have a boring life to respond in such detail to a "troll"... I'm glad you weren't fooled by my post.

Actually, I've been using iTunes since I bought my first iPod in 2004. I was really impressed with the simplified user interface but most impressive was how EASY it was to just click and buy songs on iTunes and they would automatically sync to my iPod.

The problem is that iTunes was never really optimized for Windows. I'm sure it runs great on Macs, it's always been buggy on Windows. Not only that, but when watching a video it takes up ALL of your CPU and the audio soon comes out of sync with the video.

Since there was no real competitor to the simple purchasing process of iTunes <-> iPod/iPad I stuck with it for a long time (nine years). Netflix, Amazon and Google weren't an option for me since I take lots of long-haul flights and need to watch when I'm not connected to the Internet. As I said, the interface and integration of the iTunes store with the player is amazing. However, I've always run into problems. I have had this problem (repeatedly asking for passwords) many times. I've also been stuck one hour into a 16 hour flight to Japan with my iPad asking me to log in to the iTunes store to verify that my iPad is authorized (even though I had authorized it years ago and had been using it for years). These random little things eventually get to you after a while.

So this last time I got the "password" problem, I decided to check if there is a good competitor. Finally it looks like Amazon has gotten the message and released an offline player. I tried it and it doesn't have the audio/video unsynchronization problem that iTunes (at least on Windows) has (and yes, I've tried everything in the support forum post on audio/video sync...nothing worked). It also doesn't use all my CPU.

So, I've moved from an inferior product to a superior one. That's capitalism. I don't know why you're so upset about it...

Jun 20, 2013 4:15 PM in response to srnuirgneu

Well, I'm just sick in bed with the flu, so I had time to burn replying to your post.

Based on your reply, I have to admit that you are no troll. I'm really sorry.

I have about 6 clients I support who own iOS devices and Windows. I did find some minor issues but most of the time it just works.

I personally switched to Mac in 2007 and don't regret it at all.

Sorry you are having trouble, but feel free to ask for help here, provide us enough feedback and we may help you solve your problem.

Cheers!

Jun 20, 2013 9:09 PM in response to johnfromplantation

Well, really I should apologize. I got very frustrated and made some rude comments. All software has bugs...I understand this. I really wanted to continue to use iTunes. I just feel like Apple is not so interested in putting effort into the Windows version to make it more stable and efficient. It's very frustrating. The concept is great but the execution (on Windows) not so great.

I'm sure I will have my share of problems with Amazon too. And I have about $5000 worth of TV shows and movies on Apple cloud so I'm not saying goodbye forever...

Aug 4, 2013 10:53 AM in response to idenisgreg

I was having this problem too: iTunes kept asking for my password over and over again. I finally figured out the problem.

I had changed my Apple password from the iTunes website -- not from within the iTunes client itself -- and they don't automatically sync up. My iTunes client still had the old password saved and kept trying to use it.

Just go to the account settings (from within your iTunes client!) and make sure your password there is the same as what is registered with your Apple account.

Itunes keeps asking for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.