Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not picking up from Yahoo

My wife has an email account from Yahoo. Over the last few days she has been having a problem picking up email from the account.

She has an and older eMac (CRT) that is still running OS 10.4 (Tiger) and using Mail for email.

We have a DSL service from Verizon, and an Apple Airport WiFi system.

Yesterday and today she has had Mail not be able to pick up email from the Yahoo account.

The mail IS there on Yahoo web site and can be seen on their web page, but won't show up in Mail.

Sometimes she gets the emails, but the last time it left some of the email at Yahoo.

Any clues on what may be that problem, either with Yahoo, our internet connection, or Tiger/Mail?

eMac, Mac OS X (10.3.7)

Posted on May 31, 2013 9:39 PM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2013 10:34 AM in response to Ken Bell

Yahoo email hasn't been reliable for me. I get a lot of errors when yahoo goes to put a copy of my sent email in to the sent folder. I am using thunderbird with imap.

Does the wife have a paid account? I do and I think it is required for downloading your email.

The email pop protocol hasn't changed much so I'd think 10.3 would still be ok.

What to do?

wait.

Try another mail reader. set to leave on server. could try thunderbird with imap. not perfect.

Robert

Mail not picking up from Yahoo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.