Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iBooks be read on a kobo?

I use the kobo store and was wondering if I could switch to ibookstore and still read them on kobo?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:50 AM

How ridiculous. A good reason never to buy a book from Apple again and start searching for ways to remove their DRM from my already bought books, which are mine, if I'm not mistaken. I could more or less understand if Apple had a good e-reader, but they haven't.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 11:50 AM in response to mende1

How ridiculous. A good reason never to buy a book from Apple again and start searching for ways to remove their DRM from my already bought books, which are mine, if I'm not mistaken. I could more or less understand if Apple had a good e-reader, but they haven't.

Jun 2, 2013 3:06 AM in response to cmw1234

cmw1234 wrote:

I use the kobo store and was wondering if I could switch to ibookstore and still read them on kobo?

Some books you get from the iBookstore, those in .epub format and without DRM, can be read on a MacBook, if not with Kobo then with other apps like Calibre or Adobe Digital Editions. But normally only free books and those from a few publishers like O'Reilly would be in this category.

Jul 1, 2015 2:53 PM in response to cmw1234

Hi i hate that about Apple too BUT the only way around it is you need to look for the ebooks download them, download a program like Calibre, import them there change the format if need be (only DRM free ebooks) there are ways that you can go around it from some sellers BUT apple is not one of them

in calibre you can edit, proof, change pics, change names, etc... after doing that then just put it in your ibooks and also a copy in your kobo

hope this helps

i look for ebooks fix them and do all that for you for a small fee let me know if you need help

my user id a…..**** at g. mail

<Email Edited by Host>

Can iBooks be read on a kobo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.