Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not Junk

I am getting messages in my "Junk" folder that are not junk. How do I make sure that messages from these individuals land in my inbox from now on and not in my Junk folder?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 11:21 AM

14 replies

Mar 22, 2014 6:11 PM in response to nickaster

nickaster wrote:

Ridiculously misleading. I had to read this forum for weeks before I saw that there is NO THUMBS UP icon. YOu have to click on the thumbs down one, then you get an option to mark as "not junk" ... FINALLY!!!!

If you don't have a "Thumbs-Up" icon, then the message isn't marked as Junk by Mail, even if it is in the Junk mailbox.

Clicking thumbs-down, then thumbs-up doesn't do anything besides marking it as junk, then unmarking it.

If it is ending up in the Junk Mail folder but it is not marked as Junk, it is being identified as Spam by an outside source which Mail trusts and thus puts it into the Junk mailbox.

Mar 22, 2014 7:25 PM in response to nickaster

nickaster wrote:

Darn. So now I'm even more confused. What the heck could it be? My domain provider?

Possibly. There is a setting in Mail's Junk Preferences to respect Spam headers in email. Turn it off and see if they are still showing up in the Junk Mailbox.

You can also look at the Raw Headers and see if there are X-Spam headers. I don't think they will identify where they came from.

My ISP has recently started quarantining a lot more email into their own Spam folder on the server.

Not Junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.