Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime won't launch after system rebuild

My hard drive crashed last week and I have finally retrieved everything that was "lost". Every application is running fine, except for Facetime. It will not launch at all, just bounces a couple of times in the dock. It did open once today, but froze up almost immediately. Is there a way to reinstall Facetime since I got it from the App Store? I just can't figure this one out.

Imac, 10.6.8, Facetime 1.0.2

It worked great before the crash, and I have it on my iPad and it works fine there as well.

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Facetime 1.0.2

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 12:58 PM

5 replies

Jun 2, 2013 12:24 PM in response to Honda4

UPDATE: I searched through and deleted any Library files containing Facetime, then I was able to do a new install fronm the App store. It installed fine, and now will launch, BUT…

I am unable to connect with anyone. It will call and try to connect with another acoount, but it immediately freeze up and drops the call. Same thing if they try to contact me. I here the call, accept, then video freezes and call is dropped. Now what?

Jun 5, 2013 7:58 PM in response to Honda4

UPDATE 2: Tried loggging in from a different account. No good. Stopped by Apple store and asked if it was a common problem. They said no, and had no ideas for me to try. They said bring it in and the can look at it. I'd rather not if possible. Cleared FT from keychain. Nothing. This is a very tough nut to crack.

Facetime won't launch after system rebuild

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.