Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

encrypt backup password

i forgot the encrypt iPhone backup password and want to restore a backup from my iPhone 4 to my new iPhone 5, how can i disable such password?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 3:39 PM

10 replies

Jun 1, 2013 3:42 PM in response to frankpelaez

You cannot disable the backup password. If you could there would be no point in having a backup password. You will have to restore the phone as New, and manually reload your music and apps. If you are syncing the phone with apps on your computer for contacts and calendar you can restore from those apps. Likewise, copy the photos in your Camera Roll to your computer.

Dec 24, 2015 1:27 AM in response to frankpelaez

An encrypted backup wouldn't be worth much if you could get access to it easily without the password. The whole idea is to keep others from getting any information out of it without a lot of work.

As you can see, there is a readily avalable tool to help when you don't have a good password. Your password should never be one that can be guessed with a dictionary type tool like iSeePassword iTunes backup password recovery, most of pepole used it and found it works.

This is the resouce: http://www.iseepassword.com/forgot-itunes-backup-password.html

encrypt backup password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.