Skip navigation

What's the deal with DVI and Thunderbolt displays?

211 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2013 5:30 PM by Hamper RSS
Hamper Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 1, 2013 4:47 PM

I have up and until now only ever had a MacBook, I planned on getting an iMac desktop but that didn't work out. However, now I am set on getting a Mini, but I remember there was a lot of comotion with the display connector and was hoping someone could guide me on that. I am looking to get a second hand late 2012 Mini, 2.3GHz and 16GB RAM.

I know there are Thunderbolt displays and DVI ones and converters and all that but what is the issue? Which one should I get?

Thanks in advance, it was one problem I thought I wouldn't have to worry about.

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
  • tbirdvet Level 3 Level 3 (935 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2013 5:08 PM (in response to Hamper)

All I can say is that I have a TB display with my Mac Mini (late 2012) and it works great.  The Mini has a TB port so works with the display perfectly.  If you do not want a display that has speakers, camera, mic and ports on the back then you could get a less expensive non Apple monitor but I see some users have display issues depending on the specific monitor being used..  I will others comment on that.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.