Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

G5 to Serial RS422 Vinyl Cutter interface HELP

On a Mac G4 running Mac OS 10.4.6 (with Classic Support Mac OS 9.2.2) we are running Scanvec Amiable FlexiSign 6.6v1 (a Mac OS 9.2.2 application) to drive a Summagraphic Summasign Pro D610 vinyl cutter that is connected to the Mac with a KeySpan USA 28X B serial (2 x RS422 ports coming out on a mini DIN8 port) to USB adapter. That setup is working.

The very same setup do not work on our new G5's. The adapter is not reconnized with the most recent KeySpan driver and, as per Keyspan technical support, they do not support Classic Support - OS X or OS 9 only.

We are looking for a solution. Anybody known of an adapter (USB, ethernet or PCI) that will work. Maybe a software solution. Anything.

The problem that we meet is a driver problem. On the G4, using Mac OS 9 system profiler, in the USB tag we can read driver version: KeySpan v.1.9

On the G5, using Mac OS 9 system profiler, in the USB tag, driver version read not available. In the application (FlexiSign) we got job error, cable not supported or not connected.

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 3, 2006 7:15 AM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2006 9:46 AM in response to Steven Kutoroff

I Steven

Thank you for your post. That link seem to be the answer to my problem. They have an adapter for G5 (have to remove the modem card to install the adapter, but we don't use the modem anyway). The specs are very encouraging, - support ANY serial printer. I am sending them a email just to make sure it's gone work under Classic Support. I let you known.

Jun 4, 2006 3:38 AM in response to Steven Kutoroff

I Steven

Bad new. Their adapter do not support Classic Support.
They suggest to update FlexiSign to Mac OS X. The problem is the cost, very expensive.

Sorry, but our Stealth card does not support a serial interface under
Classic. It looks like you may need to get the OS X version of the Flexisign software.

Best Regards,

GeeThree Customer Service

G5 to Serial RS422 Vinyl Cutter interface HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.