Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a movie on iMovie and it says that I need to use iDVD to burn a CD, but I don't have iDVD.

My grandpa passed away on Tuesday, and I am responsible to make the DVD of pictures for his Funeral, which is (YIKES) tomorrow. I am tryingt to burn a disk with the video, and the "HELP" center told me to use iDVD, which my computer doesn't have... What are my alternate options, or how do I fix this... Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 8:15 PM

15 replies

Jun 1, 2013 10:48 PM in response to CaseyTuck

Casey, I'm sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. I imagine you are pretty busy at the moment and don't need problems like this. I think "Meg the Dog" is right in that you may be able to simply play the movie direct from your laptop but of course you will need to check with the funeral home if that is possible and check what sort of input and cables they need as you might require an adaptor.

Alternatively, I understand that newer Macs don't come with iLife, which explains why you don't have iDVD. It is a great program and perhaps you could buy and download it online (http://www.apple.com/ilife/) to solve your problem. Be aware that could take some time to download, install and then create your DVD.

Perhaps at this time with so much pressure, someone with this stuff already setup might be able to help you out. Maybe even your local Apple Store if you have one nearby.

Ivan

Jun 1, 2013 11:17 PM in response to ivansky

Alternatively, I understand that newer Macs don't come with iLife, which explains why you don't have iDVD. It is a great program and perhaps you could buy and download it online (http://www.apple.com/ilife/) to solve your problem. Be aware that could take some time to download, install and then create your DVD.

The three apps now available from the app store are not the iLife suite they used to be. Not only has iWeb been discontinued, but Apple discontinued iDVD more than a year ago. If anyone wants iDVD, they have to purchase a retail iLife 09 or 11 disk which still includes iDVD. You can still find them at online resellers such as Amazon or ebay. And yes, iDVD is by far the best way to give your movie a professional and polished look with its customizable themes and menus.

I made a movie on iMovie and it says that I need to use iDVD to burn a CD, but I don't have iDVD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.