Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to (re)connect Apple TV to wifi network

Our Apple TV is approx 18 mths old, has generally worked fine till recently. Mid way thru a movie it lost connection to the network, was unable to reconnect then via wifi and after wks of attempts have been unable to get it working again on our wifi network.

Have connected it via ethernet (not in the right location to be an acceptable solution, but it does get to the network - updated software, time and date settings in the process) and iphone so it's connectivity is ok. Wifi network remains perfectly functional for numerous other devices (Apple and other). I have reset it along the way also. All very, very frustrating. Error message -3902 the most frequent message coming up. I have also tried manually inputing IP etc. addresses.

Any and all ideas welcome. Is there such a thing as the wifi hardware (i.e. receiver, if such a thing exists) crapping out?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 12:43 AM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2013 6:08 PM in response to griff w

Griff W, thanks for your reply but I have trawled though these and other troubleshooting guides without success - did help in resolving some intermed issues such as the dae and time wouldn't set after I reset the unit but hasn't fixed the fundamental problem with connecting via wifi. Our Ethernet connection isn't located in the room where we want to use the apple tv so useless without functioning wifif.

Any other tips greatfully received.

Thx

Unable to (re)connect Apple TV to wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.