Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 LED lite wont go off.

I have an iPhone 4 I bought in late 2010 with current OIS 6.1.3. AT & T contract has expired and is month-to-month I am on family plan, which is still cheaper than a new AT & T plan.

I tried soft reset, followed by Restore, followed by soft reset. Still no success.

Don't know if it got wet and simply needs drying or if camera is brokebn and needs to be replaced. I am not a techie and don't have any techie tools, so I am afraid of damaging my iPhone 4 if I open it up and try to dry the battery. I am also afraid I would damage it if it I tried to replace the back cameraa, so I would probably pay to have it done. I dont know how much that would cost or who to go to.

Does it make maore sense to pay to have someone replace my camera or should I think about upgrading to iPhone 5? The rest of my family has samei iPhone 4 as I have. We like AT & T's ability to multi-task while talking, but have some issues with sound quality.\, so we would probablystaywithAt & T

Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 12:21 AM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2013 12:32 AM in response to FamilyPics

The out of warranty repair fee for an iPhone 4 is $149.00 USD. That is what apple will charge you to repair/replace your device. If the water damage is extensive, they may decline to repair it (at which point you would not be charged).

If you should choose to use a 3rd party repair service, that will completely void your phones warranty (in other words, you would not be able to get apple to perform any work on the device, even if you were to offer to pay the out of warranty service fee.

There are some good deals right now where you could exchange your phone, enter into a contract, and get an iPhone 5 relatively cheap (2 year contract not withstanding).

The ultimate choice is yours, but I would suggest the out of warranty repair (if you can justify the expense) because there is no contract involved. If that is not an option, then upgrade.

Hope this helps.

iPhone 4 LED lite wont go off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.