Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11 - splits up my import into separate album even though they are all tagged as part of a compilation.

In itunes 11 - when I import a compilation cd of 12 tracks and look in 'display Album' mode - the tracks are split into 12 seprarate albums all of one track each. I have tried tagging the tracks as part of the same compliation but they stay separated - so annoying! How can I make itunes put the 12 tracks into one album like was imported?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 1:47 AM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2013 3:15 AM in response to Robert Pendar-Hughes

Generally all you need to do is fill in an appropriate Album Artist. For more details see my article on Grouping Tracks Into Albums, in particular the topic One album, too many covers.

For best results go to the Songs view, if necessary use View > Show Column Browser, then tick both of View > Column Browser > Group Compilations and View > Column Browser > Use Album Artists.

tt2

itunes 11 - splits up my import into separate album even though they are all tagged as part of a compilation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.