Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac sleep mode, how high is the electricity charges rate?

Just wonder how is the electricity charges if my iMac went into sleep mode. If it is high, i rather let it switch off. Please advice, thanks.

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 1:18 AM

Power usage in sleep mode is low. This may not belong to your computer, but here's the report for the Mid 2011 21'5-inch iMac > http://images.apple.com/environment/reports/docs/imac_21.5inch_per_may2011.pdf

7 replies

Jun 4, 2013 5:25 AM in response to francis.eylim

"FWIW": For What It's Worth.

You can open your Applications folder>System Preferences>Energy Saver>set the slider shown for "Display sleep:" to the interval you want the computer to wait after the last keyboard entry for the Display only to go to sleep. Then you can set the "Computer sleep" interval with the other slider.

Message was edited by: Radiation Mac

Apr 29, 2016 1:36 PM in response to francis.eylim

Hi..i had the same thinking as you..So with a friend with a special equipment we measure the consumption on a iMac 27 inch 14.2

Just only plugged at wall outlet at 240 volt AC it wants 0.5W - 2.5W and 0.03A-0.06A

I wondering why it have that play...Almost 2 seconds maybe or 3 it cahnges from 0.5W to 2.5W...Like something is working on it even if it is not open or at sleep...Just at wall outlet....Something is wrong? Anybody knows why?

XXMM..Wake up for network access.... it looking for a network to connect even if it is closed....

iMac sleep mode, how high is the electricity charges rate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.