Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a Canon EOS 500D to iStopMotion 3 on Macbook Pro Help?

Hi,

I am attempting to connect my Canon Eos 500D to my Macbook Pro 15" in order to use it as my live feed for an animation on iStopMotion 3. The problem is not only can I not connect the camera to the program, but the Camera isn't even being recognised by my computer. It is currently connected via the A/V Out Digital Port... It can also be connected via an HDMI port (howver, I do not currently own a HDMI cable, perhaps this is the problem?)

Has anyone dealt with and fixed this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Meghan

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 9:25 AM

I have never tried to use iStopMotion 3 with any Canon DSLR. However, if my understanding is correct, according to the EOS Utility 2.11 for Macintosh Instruction Manual (software provided with the 500D), you can connect your camera via high-speed USB and operate the camera with the EOS Utility app.

If you don't have the EOS Utility software, you can download it from this link.

If you still need to use iSM3, perhaps you can control its operation via the EOS Utility app once your camera is properly connected. Otherwise, perhaps you can make your stop-motion animation exposures using the EOS Utility app and later import those exposures into any other software you need for editing, formatting, distributing, etc.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.3

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2013 9:25 AM in response to MeghanJosephine

I have never tried to use iStopMotion 3 with any Canon DSLR. However, if my understanding is correct, according to the EOS Utility 2.11 for Macintosh Instruction Manual (software provided with the 500D), you can connect your camera via high-speed USB and operate the camera with the EOS Utility app.

If you don't have the EOS Utility software, you can download it from this link.

If you still need to use iSM3, perhaps you can control its operation via the EOS Utility app once your camera is properly connected. Otherwise, perhaps you can make your stop-motion animation exposures using the EOS Utility app and later import those exposures into any other software you need for editing, formatting, distributing, etc.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.3

Connecting a Canon EOS 500D to iStopMotion 3 on Macbook Pro Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.