Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing tif files in Preview, Dropbox

I've created two image files in Photoshop, removing hidden layers, merging layers, and then flattening the layers, saving them as tif files. One is about 4 MB; the other is about 24 MB.

The 4 MB files shows up fine in QuickView and in Preview; the 24 MB file shows up with a white background and one element from one of the layers.

I've also tried this saving the 24 MB tif file in layers, preserving the alpha; same result.

Uploaded to Dropbox, both tif files show up with only one layer visible, even though the file has flattened all the layers!

Thanks for any help you can offer sorting this out. I'd like to be able to view the 24 MB tif file in Preview.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac OS 10.3.9

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 5:59 AM

There are no replies.

Viewing tif files in Preview, Dropbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.