Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos look blurry in Aperture (Unknown Lens)

Hello,

I see a strange behaviour in Apple's Aperture (latest version).

When I import new pictures, taken by a Samsung NX1000 and open the pic the first time it looks sharp.

After less than a second Aperture does something and I see the picture changes from sharp to blurry.

When I open the pic in Mac Finder the picture looks great.

Maybe it has something to do that Aperture does not recognize my lens?

I see that the camera model is correct but with "Unknown Lens"

Hope you can help.

- Attached you see a picture in Aperture (left), and the same pic opened from the Finder.

- The picture on the right is much better. How is this possible? I just import the pic without

any editing into Apreture and get the mess.

LEFT > Aperture --- RIGHT > Same pic opened in Finder on Mac, look way better.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Marc

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jun 2, 2013 9:35 AM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2013 10:10 AM in response to griff w

Hi Griff W!

What is the relationship between sharpening and un-adjusted Images in Aperture? The article you cite says:

sharpening adjustments applied to the image may seem less apparent than they really are.

The OP specifies that the effect he is seeing precedes any adjustments made. Are you implying that the article you cite includes the sharpening controls in the RAW Fine Tuning adjustment as part of its definition of "sharpening adjustments"? This is important to know. Thanks for your insight.

--Kirby.

Photos look blurry in Aperture (Unknown Lens)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.